Welcome to the
Kentucky Workforce Areas
Hello and welcome! This site has been created to provide you with information about this very important study being conducted in your area.
The purpose of this study is to gather current and in-depth workforce information that will serve as the foundation for workforce and economic activities in your region. The data collected will also assist employers, job seekers, and students as well as provide key data for education partners, workforce and economic developers in your region allowing them to address workforce and economic needs.
This Labor Market Information study is one of the largest of its kind and is made possible with funding from the Appalachian Regional Commission ARC and Workforce Investments Funds through USDOL.
The sponsors and funding partners are:
· The Appalachian Regional Commission
· Cumberlands Workforce Investment Area
· TENCO Workforce Investment Area
· Buffalo Trace Area Development District
· Eastern Kentucky CEP and the Eastern Kentucky CEP Workforce Investment Board
· Bluegrass Workforce Investment Board
· Barren River Area Development District and the Barren River Workforce Investment Board
· Green River Area Development District
· West Kentucky Workforce Investment Board
· Lincoln Trail Area Development District
Here are a few of the many purposes and benefits of participating!
· You will have online access to local current wage information for the occupations you hire. You can compare what you are paying with averages in your community.
· You will be able to identify local growth trends as they relate to your firm and industry.
· You will be able to find the local sources of trained applicants to help improve your recruitment and retention efforts.
· You can influence what programs training providers offer to ensure appropriate and relevant curricula for a skilled workforce in your area.
· You can direct local workforce development partners toward the services your firm needs.
· Supports economic development
ERISS®, a global leader in Labor Market and Economic Development surveys, will be contacting businesses in 112 counties across Kentucky with 5 employees or more starting early August 2012 to conduct the surveys.
ERISS researchers, using their Computer Aided Telephone Interviewing system, can complete the questionnaire in about 10 to 14 minutes! You can review the questions by clicking on the link at the left side of this page.
Your participation is critical to the success of this survey and your time is very much appreciated. All information is strictly confidential, only aggregate information is displayed.